Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I was the 1 out of 100

For  the Son of man has come to save that which was lost.
What do you think?
If a man has 100 sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the 99 and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?
And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the 99 that did not go astray.
Even so, it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
(Matt. 18:11-14)

I love these verses!
They are sooooooo encouraging to me.
I had accepted Jesus into my heart at a young age, but I didn't really know what that meant.
All I knew is that I  wanted to go to heaven and didn't want to go to hell.
I lived my life the only way I knew how. I followed what I saw.
So, you see I was once one of those sheep that went astray.
I wandered off thinking I could get along my way..
What came of it?
I got mixed up with one too many guys and had my heart crushed beyond belief.
I was mentally, physically, and emotionally abused on a daily basis.
I ended up in a different state, in a battered womens shelter, pregnant and alone.
I had two children by two different guys, only to be left  to care for them both alone.
I broke my parents' hearts and alienated everyone who truly loved me.
etc, etc, etc....I'm sure you get the picture.
The moment I decided to obey, was the moment my life began to turn around.
I saw myself in a light I had never seen before and I cried because of what I saw.
My eyes were open for the first time in a long time.
Jesus revealed Himself to me once again.
He showed me that He had been running after me the entire time.
He showed me that He really never left me, but that I had left Him.
I walked out from the covering of His protection, but He had me in His hand all along.
He was a GREAT shepherd!
As a shepherd does, He loved me, even when my actions spit in His face.
He cared for me, enough to allow trials in my life, that I would cry out to Him.
He watched over me when He could've let me die, and believe me, there were many times that I put myself in postion for that to happen.
He protected me.
He showed me just how much He loved me by blessing me with my son and daughter, when He could've allowed me to get an incurable disease.
The faster I ran from Him, the faster He ran after me.
He loved me so much that He would not give up pursuing me.
That brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
Tears of sadness and of sheer joy at the same time.
Sadness because I know how much I hurt my Savior.
Sheer joy because I know that if noone on this earth loves me, that I am truly loved by my Lord always. He has proven that to me over and over again.
He loves me in a way that NOONE else ever has or ever will.
If you are in a state where you've once walked with Jesus, but have now fallen away, please know this...Jesus is still in love with you. He is pursuing you with a pure, true love. He is calling you as you run from Him because He longs for you to come back.
He has a plan for your life. A plan that only you can fulfill. Please run back to Him! Repent and get right with Him. It's not too late!!
If you have never known my Jesus, He longs for you too.
He gave His life to pay the ransom that you owed all because of His unconditional, neverending love for you.
If you'd like to know how to become a follower of Jesus, please let me know. I would love to share more with you.
<3







No comments:

Post a Comment