Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Plea

O Lord, I have listened to Your voice,
I have done what You've asked, yet some come against me.
They say that they are hurt and speak wrongfully of me
behind my back.
I try to extend the olive branch and bring peace,
but there is war in their voices.
With the same lips they speak of love and also evil against me.
Do they not realize how difficult it is for me too?
Do they not understand the pain that burns so deep within my soul?
They think of only how they've been affected,
never once considering the way they are reacting is affecting me.
Please, help them to view my obedience in the light of Your Word and open the spiritual eyes of their understanding, that they may see as You see.
Defeat my real enemy by restoring love, peace, and reconciliation.
I know who my real enemy is. He is the father of lies. He seeks only to kill, steal, and destroy,
But I REFUSE to let him have the victory!!
I know that I do not fight against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the ruler of the darkness of this age.
Therefore, I will continue to choose to obey You, no matter the cost.
I will continue to live for You and follow Your voice,
that I may be right with You and bring glory to Your name.
I give you my hurts, for You alone know every detail of what I'm going through.
You know, and keep, every tear that I have cried.  
You alone are the healer of my heart.
I will continue to rest under the shadow of Your wings, in which I find strength, peace, and comfort.
I choose to love those that are hurting me,
for they are merely unsuspecting pawns.
I pray that You would open their eyes, that they be played no longer,
and that You would bring peace, love, and joy into their lives once again.
For they too are Yours.


2 comments:

  1. I MISSSS UUUUU!!!! I LOOOVVVEEEEE UUUU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss and love you too my sweet sista <3

    ReplyDelete