Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Answer to My Plea

Well, Tyler, who is 17, took Shayne to work today. You see, he got his license on May 16th, his birthday. Along went Kaylah, Felicia, and then, running out the door after them last minute, Jewel followed. Since they left I've been so anxious. A fear has grabbed hold of me that I haven't seen in quite a while. It is a fear that I've been battling all my life.
 The fear of What if?
What if they got in a car accident? 
What if they were hurt?
What if they were killed?
What if? What if? What if?
 I could feel my chest tightening, suddenly it became hard to breathe, and tears began to well up in my eyes.Then I'm prompted to pray. I pray, but I don't feel any relief. There's the Bible, sitting on the coffee table. I glance over at it and then quickly look away. Then the anxiety becomes worse. I'm beginning to panic, and, before the tears  begin streaming  down my cheeks like a waterfall, I pick up the Bible and run to my room. I whisper a quick, soft plea, "Lord, please help me to find comfort in Your Word." With that, I open it up and this is what I read....

"I called on Your name, O Lord, Out of the lowest pit, You have heard my voice,. Do not hide Your ear from my prayer for relief, From my cry for help." You drew near when I called on You; You said, "Do not fear!"
Lamentations 3:55-57

When I read those words, peace fell upon me, as quickly as fear had tried to overtake me.
My Lord is soooooooooooooo good to me. I cry out to Him and He answers.
Praise You Lord for being You.
You surely are the Great I AM.


2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment