Monday, May 23, 2011

Peace in the Midst of a Meltdown

Have you ever been gripped with such fear that you just broke down and cried?
That kind of fear that eats away at you and makes you question your every decision?
That's what happened to me today. For a brief moment I was gripped with fear, wondering whether I had made the right decision to homeschool my children. It was horrible! The pain in my chest was intense as the tears streamed down my face.
All I could do is cry out to the Lord.
And when I did, there was peace.
The fear that, had a second before, began to break me was gone. The Lord brought, once again, to my mind that ultimately He is in control of all things. He knows my children intimately. He formed them in my womb. He created them with specific purposes. He entrusted their care to me. He knows exactly what they need and has chosen me to give it to them.
My children may not be brain surgeons, lawyers, or computer geniuses, but they are grounded in the Lord. They have seen His hands at work in their own lives, our lives, and in the lives of those around us. They know that when they seek the Lord, and put Him and His will first in their lives, that  He will meet their every need; that they will want for nothing.
With those comforting thoughtsthe Lord reminded me that He has them in His hands and that His will will be done in their lives. I praise the Lord for giving me His peace in the midst of my meltdown. He is so faithful. I have nothing to worry about for He is in complete control, no matter how things might look. <3

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul  knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.  How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You.
Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment