Monday, January 10, 2011

The First Snow of the Year in SC

I woke up to 8 inches of snow and still some falling from the sky. What a great way to wake up this morning. Of course, I had to go outside and take some pics of the white stuff. It was absolutely gorgeous!! I went out even before my children woke up. It was great! We've since been out a couple of times and I'm sure we'll return out there again. We need to take advantage of it while it's here...this is definitely a rare occassion :)
My eldest daughter had a great idea. She brought out my laundry basket and all of the girls took turns sledding in it, down every steep hill they could find. They had a blast! When they were tired of that, they started rolling themselves down the steepest hill they could find.  Thank You Lord for this beautiful day and for the wonderful time I was able to spend with my kiddos in the snow...just like when I was a kid. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment