Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Question

I was asked a very reasonable, normal question about a week ago, and I've been pondering it ever since. "What's the question?" you may be asking
. "What do you need for your birthday?"
Quite simple, isn't it? Most people would love to be asked this question. It's the chance to get something you really want, but maybe wouldn't buy for yourself, right? I have been probing my mind to find something I need so I can answer this question. You know what I came up with?
I don't NEED anything!
In fact, I don't even want anything.
I have everything I need already.
I came upon this Scripture this morning that confirmed this to me...
"For the Mighty One has done great thigns for me; And holy is His name. And His mercy is upon generation after generation toward those who fear Him. "Luke 1:49-50
You see, I don't need anything because He has given me everything I need. He has blessed me beyond measure. I'm not talking about financial or material blessing, but something even more blessed. He has given me life, eternal life with Him! What more could one need?
Beyond that, He has given me a wonderful family, immediate, extended, church, friends, etc. He has blessed me with a husband who loves me and is always looking out for me. I'm not worthy of that. He has blessed me with four awesome children who have changed my life forever. He has blessed my husband with a job that pays the bills. I have a place to live, food on the table, clothes on my back, my health...it's not perfect, but I know it could be sooooooo much worse. He has blessed me with so much more than I can ever express, and for this I am truly thankful.
I'm not concerned with material or financial gain...it profits me nothing in the end. The only thing I really need noone but God can give to me; That is a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him. A greater understanding of His will for my family and my life. Godly wisdom and discernment would be a great gift too. So what would help me on my quest for these things?
I know what I need...a new Bible!!! Mine is falling apart from being so loved...Praise the LORD!! I NEED a new Bible :)
And now I have an answer to that question. Thank You Jesus <3

2 Peter 1:2-3
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;
 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us [fn] by His own glory and [fn] excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment